Foot and Ankle – Hammertoes
A hammertoe is the abnormal bending of one or all of the joints in the toes. This bending puts pressure on the toe when wearing shoes that can cause pain and discomfort. This condition is progressive, and over time the toes will become rigid and difficult to flex.
- Pain in the affected toe(s) when wearing shoes
- Corns on the affected toe(s)
- Calluses on the bottom of the toe or ball of the foot
- Change footwear for more flexibility
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anti-inflammatory medications