The pelvis is composed of three bones (ilium, ischium, and pubis), which are located at the base of the spine. Typically fractures to these bones occur due to high-force impacts from a car accident, fall, or other type of accident that compresses the pelvis.
- Swelling and bruising at the injury site
- Relief from pain when bending the hip or knee in a specific direction
- Bleeding depending on the severity of the injury
- Crutches or a walker for stability
- Medications to lessen pain
- External fixator
- Surgery with plates or screws