Sports Medicine – Medial Epicondylitis (Pitcher’s or Golfer’s Elbow)
Medial Epicondylitis occurs when the flexors of the forearm are inflamed or torn from overuse or a lack of blood supply to the regions, making tendons frail. The pain is located on the inside of the elbow.
- Pain on the inside of elbow
- Pain increasing with flexing of wrist
- Pain radiating down the entire arm
- R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) method
- Ultrasound and electric stimulation
- Anti-inflammatory medication when necessary