Dr Tyler Kreitz is a Spine Surgeon specializing in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery of the Cervical and Lumbar Spine. He has a special interest in outpatient, or same day procedures, accelerated rehabilitation, and multimodal pain protocols to limit opioid use, facilitate recovery, and return patients to their active lifestyle. Dr Kreitz completed Orthopedic Residency with the Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University. He then completed a Spine Fellowship with Midwest Orthopedics at Rush University. He is certified and trained to use both Spine Navigation Robots on the market, Cervical and Lumbar disc replacement, and SacroIliac (SI) joint fusion. Dr Kreitz serves Ocean and Monmouth Counties with offices in Brick and Freehold.
MD, Georgetown University, Washington
BS, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg
Orthopaedic Surgery, Rothman Orthopaedic Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia
Spine Surgery, Midwest Orthopedics at Rush University, Chicago
Manuscripts, peer reviewed:
1. Kreitz TM, et al. Do Preoperative Epidural Steroid Injections Increase the Risk of Infection After Lumbr Spine Surgery? Spine. Vol. 46, No. 3, February 1, 2021.
2. Stoy, C; Beredjiklian, P; Kreitz TM; Tulipan, J. Post-Operative Functional Analysis of Double Crush Versus Single Peripheral Nerve Decompression: A Retrospective Study." HAND.
3. Basques BA. Kreitz TM, et al. Porous PEEK Interbody Cages for Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion at Three of More Levels: Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes. The Spine Journal.
4. Kreitz, TM; Huang, R; Beck, D; Park, A; Hilibrand, AS. Prolonged Weakness Affects Recovery of Motor Function Following Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2017 Dec 8. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-16-00606. PMID: 29239868.
5. Kepler, CK; McKenzie, JC; Kreitz, TM; Vaccaro, AR. Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Spine Surgery. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2018 Jul 15;26(14):489-500. PMID: 29870417
6. Kreitz TM. Schroeder, GD; et al. Comparison of Short Term Outcomes After Lumbar Fusion Between an Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital and Tertiary Referral Center. Spine. 2019 May 1;44(9):652-658. PMID: 30986794
7. Kreitz, TM; Hollern, DA; Padegimas, EP; Schroeder, GD; Kepler, CK; Albert, TJ; Vaccaro, AR; Hilibrand, AS. Outcomes After Four Level Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. Global Spine Journal. 2018 Dec;8(8):776-783. doi: 10.1177/2192568218770763. Epub 2018 Apr 24. PMID: 30560028
8. Kurd, MF; Kreitz, TM; Schroeder, G; Vaccaro, AR. The Role of Multimodal Analgesia in Spine Surgery. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2017 Apr;25(4):260-268. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-16-00049. PMID 28291143.
9. Kreitz, TM; Badhiwala J, Wilson JR, Hilibrand, AS. Is Neuromonitoring Needed for All ACDFs? Clinical Spine Surgery. 2017 Feb;30(1):1-3.
10. Kreitz, TM; Schroeder, G; Vaccaro, AR. Update on Subaxial Cervical Trauma Classification Systems. Seminars in Spine Surgery. Vol. 29, Issue 1, p2-8. March 2017.
11. Kreitz TM; Kurd MF. Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF). Clinical Spine Surgery. 2017.
12. Kreitz TM; Deirmengian, C; Penny, G; Deirmengian, G. A Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Code for “Knee Conversion” Is Needed to Account for the Additional Surgical Time Required Compared to Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2016 Jun 29.
13. Badlani, N; Yu, E; Khan, S; Kreitz TM; Kurd MF. Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF). Clinical Spine Surgery. 33(2):62-64, March 2020.2020.
14. Wallace, A; Devitt, S; Kreitz, TM; Raikin, SM; Greaney, P. Free Vascularized Fibular Graft for Distal Tibial and Ankle Arthrodesis. Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery. 2016.
15. Kreitz, TM; Winters, B; Pedowitz, D. The Influence of Wait Time on Patient Satisfaction in the Orthopaedic Clinic. The Journal of Patient Experience. Vol. 3(2) 39-42. 2016.
16. Kreitz TM, Maltenfort MG, Lonner JH. The Valgus Stress Radiograph Does Not Determine the Full Extent of Correction of Deformity Prior to Medial Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2015 Jul;30(7):1233-6. PMID 25737388
17. Padegimas EM, Kreitz TM, Zmistowski B, Teplitsky SL, Namdari S, Purtill JJ, Hozack WJ, Chen AF. Short-Term Outcomes in Total Knee Arthroplasty Performed at an Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital. Orthopedics. 2018 Jan 1;41(1):e84-e91.
18. Padegimas EM, Kreitz TM, Zmistowski B, Girden AJ, Hozack WJ, Chen AF. Comparison of Short-Term Outcomes after Total Hip Arthroplasty between an Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital and General Hospital. J Arthroplasty. 2017. March 22. PMID 28449845.
19. Kreitz, TM; Verma, Adan, A; Verma, K. Factors Influencing Research Productivity Amongst Orthopaedic Residents. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2019 Mar 15;27(6):e286-e292. PMID: 30252788
20. Abousamra O, Shah SA, Heydemann JA, Kreitz TM; et al. Sagittal Spinopelvic Parameters in Children With Achondroplasia. Spine Deform. 2019 Jan;7(1):163-170. PMID: 30587311
1. Tristan Fried MD, Tyler Kreitz MD, David Kaye MD. Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion. Handbook of Spine Technology. 2020
2. Tyler Kreitz, MD; Howard An, MD. Open Microdiscectomy and Laminectomy. The Fellows Manual, Techniques in Spine Surgery. 2019.
3. Tyler Kreitz, MD; Frank Phillips, MD. Cervical Total Disc Replacement: Next Generation Devices. Handbook of Spine Technology. 2019.
4. Tyler Kreitz, MD; David Kaye MD; Mark Kurd MD. Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (MIS TLIF), with a Discussion on Cortical Screws. Expert Techniques in Spine Surgery. 2018.
5. Frank Phillips, MD, Tyler Kreitz, MD; Mark Kurd, MD. Osteoporosis: Surgical Strategies. Rothman-Simeone: The Spine. 7th Edition. 2017
6. Joseph Lane, MD; Tyler Kreitz, MD; Mark Kurd, MD. Osteoporosis: Considerations in the Spine. Rothman-Simeone: The Spine. 7th Edition. 2017
7. Anthony Grieff, Tyler Kreitz, MD; Christopher Kepler, MD. Minimally Invasive Exposure Techniques of the Lumbar Spine. Operative Techniques: Spine Surgery. 3rd Edition. 2016.
8. Tyler Kreitz, MD, Christopher Kepler, MD. Subaxial Cervical Spine Trauma Classification and Treatment. Operative Techniques: Spine Surgery. 3rd Edition. 2016.
9. Tyler Kreitz, MD; Mark Kurd. Radiographic and pathologic features of spinal involvement in diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis” by Resnick and Niwayama. 50 Studies Every Spine Surgeon Should Know. 2016.